Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Quest for New Hardware, pt. 3 - conclusion

Well, I was able to put to rest the main remaining issue from last time: the fan control needing to trigger off the temperature of the GPU. I spent quite a bit of time on this but at the end of the day the primary things seems to have been that I needed to have both IPMI updated and the NVidia driver loaded for the "Optimal" fan setting to work properly and voila - the fans now stabilize the GPU temperature at 60C!

Now I simply need to work on tuning the running of the model, but that's a task for another day. While there have been frustrating times at points, I've enjoyed learning about servers, IPMI management and I've enjoyed getting my feet wet over at the Homelab subreddit - the folks there have been welcoming and knowledgeable!

No comments:

Post a Comment